What's the most powerfull race on BR? (in your opinion)

Here's a place to talk about each of the races - which is better, what changes you'd like to see, and just general commentary on each.

What race is the most powerfull in BR?

Avian
20%
Dwarf
22%
Human
8%
Elf
20%
Druid
4%
Illithid
14%
Kender
10%

Total votes: 49
Cord

Post by Cord »

Stars wrote:I wish I hadn't voted for elves now.
Still, NO ONE has voted for kender...
*BOGGLE*
;-)
Exo

Post by Exo »

Humans are the most powerful simply because they get a little of everything. I play humans and just about ONLY humans, and i dont think i will ever be able to hero one without practicing oog. Humans get 3 attacks, a nice skill (rh) and have sanc and the most efficent healing spell in the game, beside complete heal. In the arena and leveling dont really matter, it depends on what the race is good at that makes it powerful, and humans got a little of everything, like i said earlier. However, leveling the fastest, i'd have to say elves, and strongest in the arena, dwarves. But humans still rock, on both fields. GO HUMANS, MONKS ROCK!!!
I am happy to let girls indulge themselves using my body.
CrazyChaos

Post by CrazyChaos »

When I think "powerful", I think brute strength and damage. I don't consider stuff like healing and status affects (like poison) to exactly be "powerful". I'd have to say dwarf was the most powerful race. It could kill all others in the arena. Kender would also be a great choice for power, because of backstab. If you think about actual leveling instead of just PK'ing it would definately have to be elves. They don't need any oogs to level, so their TNL is about 1 million at level 40. That's about half of the other races that need oogs like dwarves and humans and such. I've considered illithids, because of death field and mental barrier. I think death field is great and powerful. But mental barrier is not exactly "powerful". If you cast mental barrier, and the opponent attacks you and does a lot of damage to itself, that would be their own power, therefore it's really the opponent that's powerful, not the illithid. I just got my thoughts out as quick as possible, and i hope this makes sense. :D
Reku

Post by Reku »

I think that Dwarves are the most powerful race of them all. When you say strength, i think of brute strength just like Crazychaos said. They can hit the hardest (i think) and there hit/dam can go sooo high if you have the right eq.
Reku

Post by Reku »

I think that Dwarves are the most powerful race of them all. When you say strength, i think of brute strength just like Crazychaos said. They can hit the hardest (i think) and there hit/dam can go sooo high if you have the right eq.
Reku

Post by Reku »

Sorry about that everyone, i made a mistake, i'm kinda new at this :D
Comatose

Post by Comatose »

Sure we know that was just a clever way to get your post count up faster. You have a long way to go to catch up. :)
DwarfMan

Post by DwarfMan »

I would normally have said Dwarf... But I Avatard Avio, and I now see the true power of Avians. Allow me to compare the two...

Avians get enhanced damage.
Dwarves get enhanced damage.

Nothing to explain there....

Advantage: split

Avians get second attack and claw.
Dwarves get second and third attack.

Seriously... third attack for Dwarves is useless. Especially when fighting a mob who can actually stand up for itself against the dwarf. You don't see any difference unless you're in a group! You just keep getting parried and dodged. If you ask me, second & third attack seem to stop working altogether once the dodging and parrying start. Then you can sit there and watch yourself attack twice per round, both of which wont hit, whilest your enemy is BATTERING and CRIPPLING you to death. There's extra OOG cost for this????????! :shock: No thanks... I'll take second attack and the unstoppable deadly talons anyday.

Advantage: Avians

Avians get powerful in-guild combat skills like dive, windzone, and the almighty Fling.
Dwarves get...headbutt???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Need I say more???? :?

Avians don't have all the eq slots.
Dwarves do.

This isn't as big a deal as people make it seem. I've equipped up Avians and Dwarves with the best offense eq I could find. The same eq, minus the ones that weren't available for Avians. Avians are usually just 2 damage verbs away. When Dwarves are maiming/thrashing. Avians are impaling/jolting. When Avians are lopping/maiming/thrashing, Dwarves are thwapping/pummelling/clobbering. Not a big difference. But IMO Avians still hit more than Dwarves, so maybe it balances out...

Advantage:...Dwarf? :?

Avians are versatile.
Dwarves are plain and boring.

Dwarves just don't have enough skills! If you want to make Dwarves less dull, you have to go practice OOG's and add to your already atrocious tnl. Which isn't a good idea anyways, since Dwarves make pathetic spellcasters. Avians pretty much get all of the Dwarf in-guild skills, and then some. They can see invis/hidden and fly, so they don't have to waste money and backpack space on potions. They can track, which is a slower, but safer and better 'teleport'. Plus they have dive, which has a chance of instakilling like death field?? :shock: They can glare, which is exactly like charm, but the mob doesn't attack you if it fails?? Plus fling, that keeps on getting stronger every level?? :shock: All this for minus a few eq slots? Done deal.

Avians are WAY better than Dwarves. They fight better, level faster, and are more enjoyable. Even though they don't get enhanced damage until level 25, when they do, they put Dwarf to shame, and wear the "Warrior/Fighter" title better than any Dwarf has. Avians make the 'best' mortals, and good heroes... but make pathetic Avatars, when those eq slots become so important.

But in arena, it's a whole different story...I'll explain that another time, I'm startin' to feel drunk...

But don't be getting any ideas now... Dwarves will still smash on any wussy little Elf/Druid/Illithid/Kender. :wink:
Everybody
Needs Help

Post by Everybody »

My only response is that two damage verbs behind (in the ranges you quote) is somewhere in the 25-50 damage per hit range. (Assuming my range guesses are fairly accurate.) I'll let you work it out from there.
-EB
Your local know-it-all. ;)
Score
Mud Addict

Post by Score »

Ohh how nice of him to do that for you.
"We've come for your daughter Chuck..."
Sgetsuo

Post by Sgetsuo »

As a Druid you can cast "Magic Missile" at stuff.

I think that is all that needs saying.
DwarfMan

Post by DwarfMan »

Everybody wrote:My only response is that two damage verbs behind (in the ranges you quote) is somewhere in the 25-50 damage per hit range. (Assuming my range guesses are fairly accurate.) I'll let you work it out from there.
See that's why I requested numerous times to see the actual damage # beside each attack line. That way we wouldn't have to assume. But I'll still stick to my argument that Avians still hit more than Dwarves, and they have fling, so that should close up the gap a lot. Dwarves should get new skills, so they actually play like 'Warriors'. There in-guild combat skills don't even do capital letter damage!! Kick, headbutt???? They don't do anything higher than 'bang'.
Slart

Post by Slart »

My level of interest in giving people enough information about the internals of BR to allow them to optimize their characters point-for-point without any experimentation whatsoever remains so low that you can't measure it. You'd have to dig for it.

I have historically been extraordinarily open about the internal workings of a wide range of gameplay mechanisms, but there is a line I will not cross.
Rand

has anyone here mentioned kender?

Post by Rand »

although the only thing they have going for them is backstab
Every oak tree started out as a couple of nuts who decided to stand their ground.
Unknown
disaster
Needs Help

Post by disaster »

once avians hero they're next to useless. missing out on those eq slots isn't too bad as a mortal, but the hero eq is so insanely over powered that missing out on the eq makes them really really weak compared to the other races. about the only thing thta hero avians have going for them is the ability to pluck a bunch and heal restore so they can use fling constantly, but even that i don't find really compensates for the loss of eq slots.
"Freedom of speech" is not the same thing as "Freedom from consequences".